CyberScrub cyberCide is a System Utilities::File & Disk Management software developed by CyberScrub LLC. After our trial and test, the software was found to be official, secure and free. Here is the official description for CyberScrub cyberCide: Delete ALL Data from Hard Drives
Secure Erasure Beyond Recovery
Essential for HIPAA, SOX Compliance
Ideal for Return of Leased Assets and Computer Disposal
- The data on drives formatted with cyberCide are destroyed beyond recovery using advanced wiping techniques that can stop both software and hardware tools from recovering data.
- Meets and exceeds the U.S. Department of Defense standards for the computer, regardless of the file system and the operating system that resides on each drive (works with FAT12, FAT16, NTFS, DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Unix, etc.).
- Powerful verification capabilities that give the user the utmost assurance that all data has been completely removed from the disk.
- The ability of wiping data on several machines simultaneously by installing cyberCide on bootable floppy diskettes.
- The ability to maintain detailed logs of all sanitizing operations which can be printed and saved for permanent records.
- Overall progress, average speed and estimated time indicators are available.
- Mouse support.
- Powerful command-line parameter options that allow advanced users to run the program from the command prompt with no user interface (if desired) and create different wiping scenarios.
- Sanitizing BIOS Free feature that allows user to address the full hard disk capacity even if, on some old machines, BIOS does not support large hard drives.
- The ability to develop and use your own data-destroying algorithms, that perfectly suits your security needs.
- The ability to generate random data streams using ISAAC Pseudo-Random Number Generating algorithm.
- Peter Gutmann algorithm
- Bruce Schneier algorithm
- U.S. Standard, DOD 5220.22-M
- NAVSO P-5239-26 (MFM)
- NAVSO P-5239-26 (RLL)
- Single-pass quick sanitizing method, with zeros
- Single-pass quick sanitizing method, with random characters
- Command Lines: You may now use command lines to automate tasks and functions
- Disk Partitioning: Automatically partition drives after overwriting data.
- Wipe back to front: Allows you to abort the process with minimal harm to data at beginning of process
- ISAAC PRNG: Generate random data streams for added security
- Overcome BIOS limits: LBA addressing allows user to wipe entire drive even if limited by BIOS (ATA/IDE only) you can download CyberScrub cyberCide free now.