ZipSnap is a System Utilities::Backup & Restore software developed by Zach Scrivena. After our trial and test, the software was found to be official, secure and free. Here is the official description for ZipSnap: Ever wished there was an easy way to backup multiple versions of your files, or quickly synchronize them across different computers (even on different operating systems) so that you always work with the most recent copies? ZipSnap can help you with that!
ZipSnap creates archives that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files). When a snapshot is added to an archive, a new compressed volume is created, containing only new or modified files and directories. A catalog is used to store information on the snapshots and contents of the archive. Files are automatically numbered with a timestamp. Runs on any OS with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+). ZipSnap is free and open source software written in Java and released under the GNU GPL license (version 3).
* ZipSnap creates archives that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files).
* Catalogs are written cumulatively, i.e. a later catalog contains all the information from previous catalogs. Therefore, only the latest catalog is needed when adding/restoring snapshots.
* Catalogs and compressed volumes are automatically timestamped as ArchiveName.yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.n, with extensions .txt.zip and .zip respectively, where n is the snapshot number.
* Because ZipSnap never modifies a catalog or compressed volume after it is created, archives can be stored on write-once-only media.
* ZipSnap supports GLOB and REGEX filters for file/directory names, or their full (relative) pathnames.
See http://zipsnap.sourceforge.net/ for the latest version, screenshots, documentation, and other information.
compressed catalogs; filter for file/directory names; additional search paths; simulation mode
|Platforms:||WinXP,Windows Vista Starter,Windows Vista Home Basic,Windows Vista Home Premium,Windows Vista Business,Windows Vista Enterprise,Windows Vista Ultimate,Windows Vista Home Basic x64,Windows Vista Home Premium x64,Windows Vista Business x64,Windows Vist|
|Publisher:||About Zach Scrivena | Zach Scrivena titles | Visit Zach Scrivena | Country: USA|
|Downloads:||0 last month, 61 total|
|Last updated:||More than a year ago ()|
|Requirements:||Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+)|
|Watch for updates:|
|Email a friend... Get the best software deals each week!|
|TextPipe Pro - Slam-dunk the most challenging edit tasks with TextPipe Pro - a powerful text-processing utility that combines 270+ conversion,... ...|